Is Green Gate a good fit for my child?
Choosing the right educational option for your child is an important decision. Please take a look at the statements below to see if Green Gate may be the right fit for your child.
I like the idea of an educational program customized to my child's interests and talents.
I want my child's learning experience to be enjoyable and motivating.
I agree that people learn best at their own pace and in their own way.
- I am willing to let my child take the lead for what s/he will study.
- I know my child is always learning, even when s/he seems to be doing nothing.
- I agree that young people need the time and space to develop their own interests and explore their passions.
- I want my child to be a part of a school which capitalizes on his/her strengths and provides opportunities for growth and mastery in all areas of his/her development.
- I am okay with my child having unstructured time and space for curiosity, playfulness, socialization, planning, and reflection.
- I like that Green Gate is student-centered rather than curriculum or "standards" centered.
- I trust in my child's ability to take ownership of his or her own behavior and education and to move at their own pace, step-by-step toward optimum learning success.
- I value the time my child spends outside and am excited about him/her having ample time to climb, swing, build, dig, and explore the natural world as part of the school day.
- I want my child to have a personalized educational experience. For this to work, I know it's not productive to compare my child's learning program to what other students are doing.
- I am excited that Green Gate focuses on my child's overall success, interests, and life goals.
- I believe a school program should provide opportunities for students to explore their natural talents and interests, communicate effectively, problem solve, demonstrate practical life skills, set goals, carry out plans and projects effectively, and begin to discover their purpose and direction in life.
If the above statements resonate with you, please complete an interest form, and we will be in contact with you soon!
If you like the idea of your child having a personalized, self-directed education but these statements take you outside of your comfort zone, please contact us. We would be happy to discuss your questions and concerns!